Why support PSS?
Pregnancy Sickness Support is the UK's only registered charity supporting people whose lives have been affected by pregnancy sickness and the extreme form of the condition, hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) . We are working to improve the care, treatment and support for people whose lives have been affected by nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (NVP) and HG, in the hope that one day we will be part of finding a cure.
In 2021, we estimate that 20.000 messages of support were sent to HG sufferers by our wonderful peer support volunteers. ''I found the most helpful thing was having my emotions and concerns validated by a friendly person who has been through similar difficulties. I think she always holds hope for me in my moments of dread about the future.'' HG sufferer and service user.
Our small but hard working team is passionate about ensuring everyone suffering from HG receives the best possible treatment and support to ensure they survive the condition. But it is not just sufferers we are working to help. Pregnancy Sickness Support also participates in new research around NVP and HG and delivers in depth training for health care professionals. We also provide downloadable resources and a vital helpline for people caring for a sufferer or a person who is looking to understand HG in more detail, e.g an employer. We have also been fundraising to add two new services.
In 2022 we will be launching the partner and carer service, as well as launching a much needed counselling service to help people overcome the mental health implications of HG. None of this work would be possible without the kindness and generosity of our volunteers and supporters, and we need your support now more so than ever. No donation is too small to make, all contributions are very gratefully received.
Our promise to you
So much of the incredible work that we do relies on donations. From delivering one on one peer support, training health care professionals, being part of new research and providing our vital helpline; we simply would not be able to do it without supporters like you. We are so grateful for your support. You can trust us to be fair, honest and treat you with the utmost respect.
- We will ensure our fundraising is legal and follows the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We will support your fundraising every step of the way.
- We will keep your personal details safe and secure at all times.
- We will not pressure you into giving more or more frequently than you would like.
- You can choose how we contact you and change this at any time.
- We will listen when something is wrong and we will endevour to put it right as soon as possible.
- We will ensure our annual reports are accessible and easy to understand.
- We will use all funds to help people affected by HG, always striving to support everyone who needs help.
How to pay in your fundraising
Thank you for helping us to support people affected by HG with your own fundraising efforts. If you are raising money through a collection, challenge or event or your would like to make a personal donation, you can pay in the funds online, by post or via a bank transfer. Please read our guide to paying in your fundraising here