Wanted and unwanted pregnancies in relation to NVP
12. WANTED AND UNWANTED PREGNANCIES IN RELATION TO NVP
- Women who wanted the pregnancy were more likely to experience NVP than those who did not want the pregnancy. 78 women. (23)
- Planned pregnancies had a higher incidence of nausea. 1,000 women. (40)
- Nausea is more prevalent among those whose pregnancy is planned. 1,513 women. (45)
- Women with wanted pregnancies were more likely than those with unwanted pregnancies to report pregnancy symptoms which include amenorrhoea, morning sickness and breast tenderness. 99 women. (52)
- The percentage of women with wanted pregnancies is significantly lower among women who report not having NVP than among women who report this complaint. 4,954 women. (16)
- Women having both nausea and vomiting during the first trimester reported significantly more unplanned unwanted pregnancies than women experiencing nausea only or no symptoms. 86 women. (15)
- 80% of unwanted pregnancies (25 legal abortions) have nausea, 70% in total study population of 948 pregnancies had NVP. (6)
- No difference in NVP among planned and unplanned pregnancies. 9,098 women, 4,517 vomited, 3,502 did not vomit. (18)
Wanted pregnancy more NVP. (23) (40) (45) (52) (16) Total: Five References
Unwanted pregnancy more NVP. (15) (6) Total: Two References
No difference in NVP between wanted and unwanted pregnancies. (18)
Total: One Reference
Did you know?
Some women experienced suicidal thoughts after feeling isolated, depressed, anxious and unable to care for themselves and their families
Please note this guideline is for moderate to severe NVP symptoms rather than HG
RCOG Green-top Guideline No. 69
The Management of Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
BMJ Clinical Update 2018
Management of severe pregnancy sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum
The risk of a baby being born with a congenital abnormality - the difference between relative and absolute risk
Help us build up a national network of 'HG-friendly' practitioners by registering with our quick form.
HG Counselling closed for JulyMichelle will not be taking on any new Hyperemesis Counselling clients in July as the service will...
International Colloquium on Hyperemesis Gravidarum 2019International Colloquium on Hyperemesis Gravidarum 2019 The ICHG organisations and Stichting ZEHG are...
RT @Pandas_uk: So true - PND does not care if your a mum or a dad. Either way it is ok not to be ok and remember. Admitting your struggling…
10:26 19th June