Wanted and unwanted pregnancies in relation to NVP
12. WANTED AND UNWANTED PREGNANCIES IN RELATION TO NVP
- Women who wanted the pregnancy were more likely to experience NVP than those who did not want the pregnancy. 78 women. (23)
- Planned pregnancies had a higher incidence of nausea. 1,000 women. (40)
- Nausea is more prevalent among those whose pregnancy is planned. 1,513 women. (45)
- Women with wanted pregnancies were more likely than those with unwanted pregnancies to report pregnancy symptoms which include amenorrhoea, morning sickness and breast tenderness. 99 women. (52)
- The percentage of women with wanted pregnancies is significantly lower among women who report not having NVP than among women who report this complaint. 4,954 women. (16)
- Women having both nausea and vomiting during the first trimester reported significantly more unplanned unwanted pregnancies than women experiencing nausea only or no symptoms. 86 women. (15)
- 80% of unwanted pregnancies (25 legal abortions) have nausea, 70% in total study population of 948 pregnancies had NVP. (6)
- No difference in NVP among planned and unplanned pregnancies. 9,098 women, 4,517 vomited, 3,502 did not vomit. (18)
Wanted pregnancy more NVP. (23) (40) (45) (52) (16) Total: Five References
Unwanted pregnancy more NVP. (15) (6) Total: Two References
No difference in NVP between wanted and unwanted pregnancies. (18)
Total: One Reference
Did you know?
Hyperemesis Gravidarum is not a normal part of pregnancy but a serious and dangerous complication of pregnancy.
Please note this guideline is for moderate to severe NVP symptoms rather than HG
RCOG Green-top Guideline No. 69
The Management of Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
BMJ Clinical Update 2018
Management of severe pregnancy sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum
The risk of a baby being born with a congenital abnormality - the difference between relative and absolute risk
Help us build up a national network of 'HG-friendly' practitioners by registering with our quick form.
PSS Christmas Cards For Sale!We are very excited to reveal our new Christmas Card Designs for 2019! Designed by the wonderful Sarah...
If only staying hydrated was this easy! Many healthcare professionals will use Ketone levels as an indicator of deh… https://t.co/xoZhYI4ECo
09:14 6th December