Online Support Forum
Welcome to our new online support forum, run and administrated by registered and trained PSS volunteers.
The forum content is closed to the public and is password protected so no one can see you posts via google or by looking through the forum unless they are members. It is mobile friendly so can be access across a range of devices and is also compatible with Tapatalk.
Partners (or family and friends of sufferers) wishing to join will only have access to the partners section, whereas women suffering will not have access to the partners section.
In order to create a safe and supportive online environment we require members to register and give their reasons for wanting to join. This is to help reduce the number of fake profiles, trolls and journalists trying to access our support. There are community rules that must be adhered to and procedures in place to protect all users. Before registering for access please read the below community rules.
To download our Online Support Policy click here.
Pregnancy Sickness Support Forum Community Rules
The PSS Forum is where sufferers and survivors of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (NVP) and Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) can receive help and support. A separate closed forum is available for their partners, friends and family who face the challenges of caring for someone with the condition.
Each user has registered to be on the PSS Forum and is here by choice. Therefore each user is able to choose to adhere to the following rules or to not be a part of the community.
- Be respectful of others. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. The Forum aims to be a supportive and non-threatening place and it is of the utmost importance that all users adhere to this. Please play your part. Do not harass or bait any member on the site, including Moderators or Administrators.
- Posts should be culturally sensitive for a UK audience. This forum is UK based and users from outside of the UK should be aware that their healthcare systems may differ.
- Posts should not contain material that is discriminating or abusive. Racist, homophobic, sexist and/or otherwise discriminatory or abusive posts will not be tolerated.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant Forum. Users are asked to read the Forum descriptions before posting. Please keep threads true to their origin. When discussions diverge from the original post then it is advised to start a new thread.
- Do not share your personal information with anyone on the site unless you’re absolutely certain it is safe.
- Use caution when posting pictures and video clips. Remember that any registered member can access and download your images from the site. You post all pictures and video clips at your own risk.
- Please note that all medical information and advice given here is done so by members speaking from their own personal experiences and are not trained professionals. All medical problems should be treated by a qualified, licensed medical professional. No information gathered from this website should be used against a health professional's advice.
- We will not allow this site to be used for selling, trading, or sharing prescription drugs. Posts that suggest or imply any such solicitation will be removed. Please note that the suggestion to sell, trade, or share any prescription medication that is not issued to you directly by a medical professional is against the law and considered a criminal offense. Posts regarding the use of cannabis and/or other illegal substances will also not be tolerated and will be removed.
- Do not post any materials that constitute spam or advertise products. All such posts will be deleted.
- Do not use the Pregnancy Sickness Support Logo as an Avatar. Users are able to upload their own Avatar to their profile. However, we ask that the PSS logo is to only be used for Moderators and Administrators. This will assist in users recognising Administrators/ Moderators quickly. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, and fall in line with the conditions stated above. We ask that all avatars, pictures and Emoticons have no moving or flashing parts. This is to assist women who are currently suffering from pregnancy sickness. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- Please report any problems you encounter on the site immediately to a Moderator or Administrator.
The above forum rules (where applicable) also apply to public posts, private messages, instant messaging, emails or via any other contact information provided on members' profiles. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings and/or the revocation of private messaging.
By participating on the PSS Forum, you agree to follow these community rules. The Administrators reserves the right to change the community rules as necessary to meet any future needs that may arise. The Administrators retain the right to warn, temporarily ban, or permanently ban/exclude any member who does not comply with the community rules.