Volunteer Role Vacancies
On this page you will find details of current positions available with job descriptions, guidance notes and application forms to apply for the roles.
Some jobs will have specific closing dates, after which interviews will be conducted and others will be ongoing, with interviews following shortly after application.
Further training for the roles will be given on successful appointment to the role.
Positions are limited and not all applicants will be successful, however, volunteers with an interest and skills in a particular area will be noted and prioritised as more roles become available and the charity expands.
If you would like to volunteer for PSS but not in one of these specific roles then please click here to find out more about volunteering generally for us.
If you have had personal experience of hyperemesis gravidarum or nausea and vomiting in pregnancy and would like to offer 1-2-1 support to women suffering now please click here for more information.
Our busy online support forum is in need of more moderators to cope with it's growth and popularity. If you would be interested in becoming a moderator then please apply to volunteer and specify on the application form that you would be interested in this role.
Moderators are there to offer support, welcome new members, move topics to more appropriate rooms, and answer questions. They try to help direct forum users to resources and information within the PSS website. If a problem or concern arises in a particular room the moderator for that room will become involved and seek to resolve the problem or investigate the concern, reporting any findings to Admins.
Forum Moderators are committed to keeping our support forums running as smoothly and as welcoming as possible.
This list is only indicative, and there may be other tasks that may be requested if appropriate.
- To welcome sufferers and their families into the rooms.
- To keep abreast of discussions in the rooms they are moderating and move any threads if they are in the wrong place, ensuring to PM the original poster to explain why and where their post can now be found.
- To maintain a supportive and caring environment in all rooms they are moderating.
- To direct members to relevant information on our website and to assist in contacting the relevant PSS staff and/or trustee where needed.
- To watch for potential problems and work to resolve disputes and to enforce the rules of the rooms, removing inappropriate posts, such as adverts.
- To investigate any allegations of “trolls” and suspected MBI cases whilst maintaining the confidentiality of all involved and to act upon findings by informing the admin team. In all cases of suspected/confirmed MBI inform a PSS Trustee.
- To liaise with the Support Coordinator, designated Trustees and Admin team on a regular basis and attend online meetings/training if appropriate.
- Work with PSS staff and Trustees to help develop, update and implement policies and guidelines for the use of the forum to reflect the ever changing nature of the online support.
- Admins must be registered, experienced volunteers for PSS and usually must have attended one of our training days/conferences.
- For this role volunteers should have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work in a professional and safe manner, maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- Experience of group administration.
- Experience of NVP/HG, or of a family member experiencing NVP/HG.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Level headed attitude and ability to stay calm and calm others during periods of drama or excitement.