HG Day Clinics across the UK
HG Day Clinics Across the UK
HG Day Clinics are being set up across the country to treat women with the condition. Sufferers can be admitted for fluids and anti-emetics without having to stay in hospital overnight.
These services are ideal for patients who have other children or for those who would find an overnight stay in hospital difficult.
To access an HG Day clinic in your area you will normally need a referral from your GP, Midwife or via A&E in the first instance.
Below is a list of HG Clinics across the country.
If you are aware of a service that is not listed here please email us at email@example.com
- Great Western Hospital, Swindon
- St Michael's Hospital, Bristol
- Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- Gloucestershire Hospital, Gloucester
- Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Salisbury District Hospital, Salisbury
- HG Day Clinic - within Medical Investigation Unit (MIU) at Poole Hospital.
- Admission criteria: 3+ ketones, vomiting more than 5 times in one day and drinking 500ml or less
- GP referral. (Referral can be difficult as it is a very busy unit.)
London and South East
- West Middlesex Hospital.
- Kingston Hospital
- Lister Hospital in Stevenage
-Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
-Rosie Hospital, Cambridge
- Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex
-Darent Valley Hospital, Kent
-St Thomas' Hospital
- King's College Hospital
- Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- Northwick Park Hospital, London
-Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
-St Mary's Hospital, London
- Royal Free Hospital, London
- Watford General Hospital, Hertfordshire
- Birmingham Women's Hospital.
- Heartlands Hospital, Bimingham
- City Hospital, Birmingham
- QMC Nottingham.
- Royal Derby Hospital, Derby
- Walsall Manor Hospital, Walsall
- Burton on Trent, Maternity Assessment Unit
- Northampton Hospital
- Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend
-Sheffield Hallam Hospital
- Airedale Hospital Keighley
-York Hospital - have recently created a section in their Antenatal Day Unit (ANDU) designed specifically to manage Hyperemesis. You need a GP referral for it but if the GP won't but the Mum feels she's struggling she can call them directly on 01904 726725
- Harrogate District Hospital
-The Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- St Mary's Hospital, Manchester
- Burnley General Hospital
-Whiston Hospital, Liverpool
-Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
- Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
30% of pregnant women in paid employment need time off work due to NVP.
Nausea & vomiting in pregnancy (NVP) is very common, on average it affects 70-80% of pregnant women to a greater or lesser extent.
85% of pregnant women have two episodes of nausea per day.
You are not aloneIf you think you are suffering from HG please call us for support on: 024 7638 2020
PSS Christmas Cards For Sale!We are very excited to reveal our new Christmas Card Designs for 2019! Designed by the wonderful Sarah...
If only staying hydrated was this easy! Many healthcare professionals will use Ketone levels as an indicator of deh… https://t.co/xoZhYI4ECo
09:14 6th December
You can support the vital work of Pregnancy Sickness Support by making a donation
"It was so comforting to speak to someone that listened to me, understood my symptoms and most importantly made me feel like I wasn't overreacting."