Aims and development
Aims and Development
Pregnancy Sickness Support is a registered UK Charity; Our aims are based on what we consider to be the current needs of women suffering with Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum as well as incorporating the needs of the Health Care Professionals and carers of women suffering with these conditions, which we review on an ongoing basis. They are as follows:
To help those experiencing Nausea & Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum by:-
- The development of a help line to give information and support.
- The production of leaflets to explain the condition with helpful information for sufferers and carers.
- Offering information about treatments available for Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Providing resources & information to inform and educate doctors and health care professionals about the condition.
- Raising awareness of Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum amongst the general public through articles and information.
- Encouraging further research into the condition, its impact and its treatments.
Future Development and Direction
The last few years have focused very much on the development of the pioneering Support Network. We have established an excellent service which evaluation has shown to significantly improve women's experiences while suffering varying degrees of pregnancy sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum.
Our current focus is now on establishing core funding so that the service we have established can continue to thrive and grow.
With the Support Network secure and operating smoothly it is the Trustees hope to be able to focus more resources on research, training and aiding service development across the UK.
"You've been there for me and I've not felt alone."
Did you know?
Several medications are available to manage HG with a pragmatic stepwise approach
You are not aloneIf you think you are suffering from HG please call us for support on: 024 7638 2020
Wild Women ChallengeWild Women Challenge Chairperson Caitlin along with her friend Lorraine and survival expert Megan Hine...
International Colloquium on Hyperemesis Gravidarum 2019International Colloquium on Hyperemesis Gravidarum 2019 The ICHG organisations and Stichting ZEHG are...
03:10 15th July
There are loads of ways you can support our work, from having dinner with friends to shopping online!
"The helpline was really comforting, and the volunteer peer supporter was so kind, and gave practical support for my GP appointment.."