Aims and development
To improve the experience and alleviate the suffering of people affected by Pregnancy Sickness including Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG)
Aims and Development
Pregnancy Sickness Support is a registered UK Charity; Our aims are based on what we consider to be the current needs of women suffering with Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum as well as incorporating the needs of the Health Care Professionals and carers of women suffering with these conditions, which we review on an ongoing basis.
They are as follows:
- The provision of a free helpline to give information and support.
- To provide high quality peer support to those suffering.
- The production of information to explain the condition and its treatments through various platforms.
- Providing resources and information to inform and educate doctors and healthcare professionals about the condition via a range of platforms.
- Raising awareness of Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum amongst the general public through articles and information
- Encouraging further research into the condition, its impacts and treatments
- Engaging in, providing and promoting the patient voice within research into the condition
- Continue to be a leader in the international HG scientific medical research community
- Providing a model and support for sister charities developing nationally and internationally meeting their specific cultural needs.
- To engage in quality improvement by auditing core demographic information to ultimately improve accessibility.
The last few years have focused very much on the development of the pioneering Support Network. We have established an excellent service which evaluation has shown to significantly improve women's experiences while suffering varying degrees of pregnancy sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum.
Our current focus is delivering on the above aims alongside sustainability and diversifying our income streams so that the service we have established can continue to thrive and grow across the UK.
With the Support Network secure and operating smoothly it is the Trustees hope to be able to focus more resources on research, training and aiding service development across the UK.
"I am petrified of becoming pregnant again but at least I know I have the support of Pregnancy Sickness Support"
30% of pregnant women in paid employment need time off work due to NVP.
85% of pregnant women have two episodes of nausea per day.
Nausea & vomiting in pregnancy (NVP) is very common, on average it affects 70-80% of pregnant women to a greater or lesser extent.
You are not aloneIf you think you are suffering from HG please call us for support on: 024 7638 2020
Sick – The Battle Against HG launches on Prime Video & VimeoSick - The Battle Against HG is the world's first documentary about Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Sick...
HG and Constipation is the topic of this week's podcast episode available on all the usual listening platforms as w… https://t.co/CcqX4gAXFo
01:24 18th September
Take part in research
Have you experienced a pregnancy affected by Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG)? Do you want to tell your story for research?
"The helpline is a very compassionate service."