Aims and development
Aims and Development
Pregnancy Sickness Support is a registered UK Charity; Our aims are based on what we consider to be the current needs of women suffering with Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum as well as incorporating the needs of the Health Care Professionals and carers of women suffering with these conditions, which we review on an ongoing basis. They are as follows:
To help those experiencing Nausea & Vomiting in Pregnancy and Hyperemesis Gravidarum by:-
- The development of a help line to give information and support.
- The production of leaflets to explain the condition with helpful information for sufferers and carers.
- Offering information about treatments available for Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Providing resources & information to inform and educate doctors and health care professionals about the condition.
- Raising awareness of Pregnancy Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum amongst the general public through articles and information.
- Encouraging further research into the condition, its impact and its treatments.
Future Development and Direction
The last few years have focused very much on the development of the pioneering Support Network. We have established an excellent service which evaluation has shown to significantly improve women's experiences while suffering varying degrees of pregnancy sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum.
Our current focus is now on establishing core funding so that the service we have established can continue to thrive and grow.
With the Support Network secure and operating smoothly it is the Trustees hope to be able to focus more resources on research, training and aiding service development across the UK.
"I've found having a peer supporter really useful. A few texts seems like such a small thing, but it’s meant a lot to know I’m not alone and that there is someone that I can speak to, who has been through it themselves"
Did you know?
Early access to treatments is likely to be more effective and may prevent symptoms developing into HG
You are not aloneIf you think you are suffering from HG please call us for support on: 024 7638 2020
Take part in the HG Annual 2018HG Annual 2018 We will be making an HG Survivors Annual 2018. A minimum of 20 people need to participate...
International Hyperemesis Awareness Day 201915th May - International Hyperemesis Awareness Day This annual event is a great opportunity to raise...
04:41 12th November
Take part in research
Have you experienced a pregnancy affected by Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG)? Do you want to tell your story for research?
"HG has been a very isolating experience, when i called the helpline i felt listened to for the first time. It gave me the confidence to go back to my Midwife and ask for further help."